Saildocs Terms and Conditions
By requesting a file, web page, document or subscription from Saildocs, you are acknowledging that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions. Basically the terms are that Saildocs may or may not work for a variety of reasons, and that the data provided may or may not be correct or useful.
Seriously, remember that Saildocs is an automated system subject to all of the usual failures and problems, and has no control over information delivered from the Internet. In particular, weather forecasts may be missing, mis-filed or out of date. No Internet service currently meets the
GMDSS requirements for commercial shipping. This is not to say that the Internet is useless, but the limitations need to be kept in mind.
Important fine print:
Saildocs is provided by the Sailmail Association (http://sailmail.com), a non-profit association of yacht owners that provides email communications for offshore sailors. Access to Saildocs is provided to the public subject to the following conditions:
Access to Saildocs is provided to you on an "AS IS" and "WITH ALL FAULTS" basis. You assume the entire risk of loss in using Saildocs. Due to its size and complexity, and the budget-constrained nature of its development and maintenance, Saildocs likely contains inaccuracies, omissions, errors and
other defects. SailMail and its suppliers do not warrant that Saildocs will meet your needs or expectations, that Saildocs will be error free or uninterrupted, or that errors can or will be corrected. SailMail and its suppliers reserve the right to make changes and improvements to, or discontinue, Saildocs or any part thereof.
Access to Saildocs is provided without charge to individuals for personal use, subject to the limitations below. The intent is that Saildocs be freely accessible to offshore sailors for their benefit and safety. It is not the intent that Saildocs be used as a data source for other services without an agreement to help support the service.
Access to Saildocs is subject to the following conditions, unless specifically agreed to otherwise:
1) Requests may be sent and information received via Internet email with any email client or agent that properly identifies itself. The client software or agent must display all returned message text, including warnings and notices, together with any attachment.
2) Access to Saildocs may also be provided without charge via web or direct Internet access for Sailmail members, via client software provided by the Sailmail Association for its members. Such access, whether restricted or not, is limited to Sailmail members except by prior agreement.
3) Requests from any automated process via any means requires an agreement. An "automated process" in this case means anything other than an individual person manually initiating an individual request which is sent directly to Saildocs.
4) Redirection of any request from any other email address, or initiated from any website or device app interaction requires an agreement.
5) Requests on behalf of any third parties for the purpose of providing weather forecasts to others with or without payment is permitted and encouraged; obtaining weather data via Saildocs for the purpose of reselling that data in its original form requires an agreement.
"Agreement" and "agreed to" used here means a written agreement either in physical form, or via email provided that any such email is acknowledged with a copy of the original.
SAILMAIL AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE AND YOU RECEIVE NO WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
For any question or more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org